The minor is available as an elective to students who are enrolled in bachelor’s degree programs at Michigan State University. With the approval of the department and college that administers the student’s degree program, the courses that are used to satisfy the minor may also be used to satisfy the requirements for the bachelor’s degree. At least 12 unique credits counted towards the requirements for a student’s minor must not be used to fulfill the requirements for that student’s major.
Students who plan to complete the requirements for the minor should consult an undergraduate advisor in the Department of Romance and Classical Studies: Jennifer Gansler.
- All of the following courses (9 credits):
- PRT 320 – Advanced Portuguese
- PRT 340 – Topics in Luso-Brazilian Language and Culture
- PRT 350 – Introduction to Literary Analysis (W)
- 8 credits from the following courses:
- PRT 150 – Intensive Portuguese I (5 credits)
- PRT 250 – Intensive Portuguese II (5 credits)
- PRT 290 – Independent Study
- PRT 490 – Independent Study
Study Abroad in a Portuguese-speaking country is highly encouraged.