Requirements for Completion of the Minor in Spanish:
The minor is available as an elective to students who are enrolled in bachelor’s degree programs at Michigan State University other than the Bachelor of Arts Degree in Spanish. With the approval of the department and college that administers the student’s degree program, the courses that are used to satisfy the minor may also be used to satisfy the requirements for the bachelor’s degree.
Students who plan to complete the requirements for the minor should consult an RCS undergraduate advisor.
Requirements (21 credits):
- Both of the following courses (6 credits):
- SPN 310 – Basic Spanish Grammar
- SPN 320 – Cultural Readings and Composition (W)
- Completion of an additional 15 credits in Spanish at the 300- and 400-levels:
- Courses and credits subject to approval by the RCS advisor
- Spanish Courses
Note: that these are not the requirements for the teaching minor in Spanish.